Saturday 2 May 2020

Have you seen the bird Asian Koel - Common cuckoo | Birds of Karnataka, India | Kogile Hakki in English | Cuckoo Bird in English


What do you call Common Cuckoo in Kannada? 
ಕೋಗಿಲೆ ಹಕ್ಕಿ 

Bird name - The Asian koel  / Common Cuckoo
Scientific Name- Eudynamys scolopaceus
Bird name in kannada - ಕೋಗಿಲೆ ಹಕ್ಕಿ
Commonly found in - Southeast Asia,Indian subcontinent, China


Its a member of cuckoo order of birds, the Cuculiformes
They lay eggs in Crow's or some other bird's nest. They usually eat insects, fruits, caterpillars and eggs.


From my childhood, I always heard the marvelous and melodious cockoo voice, but never saw it or observed it. I always heard that its a very shy bird... looks like crow... 


And to my surprise, I got chance to witness the bird coming and sitting in the window side near by elachi hannu tree(Indian jujube fruit's tree). and I was glad that I almost watched this bird's activity for over month until the summer fruit is gone. and Everyday I used to sit at my window to capture this bird's picture  and many other small birds which comes to eat the fruits.



Male Koel(ಗಂಡು ಕೋಗಿಲೆ ಪಕ್ಷಿ)



Asian Koel(ಏಶಿಯನ್ ಕೊಯೆಲ್- ಕೋಗಿಲೆ)
Male Bird(ಗಂಡು ಪಕ್ಷಿ)




Female Asian Koel
ಹೆಣ್ಣು ಕೋಗಿಲೆ 






Click here to visit post on Reptiles in Kannada - ಸರೀಸೃಪಗಳು







No comments:

Post a Comment